What I have done in the third week of 2023 (teaser: podcasts, playdate, no movies)
Streak, this is the third time this year I've managed to write down what I've done during the week.
If you're interested in what it was like before, you can read about the first and second week.
- I have been very busy at work this week. So there was less to discover. I did a lot of walking with the dog (~ 50 km from Monday to Saturday so far), so at least I had enough time to listen to podcasts:
- 🎙️ I really enjoyed Really Specific Stories: John Siracusa. A podcast I did not know about before. This was a very intimate conversation and I discovered so much of myself in what was told. Unfortunately, I can't even begin to speak with such reflection and eloquence. There's definitely a reason I'm not a podcaster, and an absolutely insignificant little fish otherwise. What I also found very interesting was The Talk Show: ‘Slow-Moving Hurricane’, With Craig Hockenberry. I only knew Craig Hockenberry from his posts and profile picture. I was very surprised to listen to such a level-headed, reflective person. It's always exciting what impressions you get about people just by reading about them or listening to them. The episode Really Specific Stories: Jason Burk fit in very well with this. I'm already looking forward to the others.
- 🎙️ Parallel to the release of the two new games Lost Your Marbles and Pick Pack Pup in Series 1 for my playdate I listened to the respective podcast episodes: Playdate Podcast: Pick Pack Pup and Playdate Podcast: Lost Your Marbles.
- 🎙️ Additionally I've listened to Upgrade: 441: Qi2: Qi Harder, AppStories: Read-Later Apps, Upgrade: 442: Zombie Arms and Toaster Fridge, Under the Radar: 260: Subscription School and Connected: 433: The Best Alarm is the Alarm.
- For these posts, I was looking for a way to log the podcast episodes I was listening to, but couldn't find a way to look them up in Overcast. So I wrote a Shortcuts script that logs the currently playing episode to a Drafts document after 30 seconds.
- 🥘 Speaking of the Shortcuts app. I love Mela and in my family we use Pon for shopping lists. Unfortunately, there is no way to export shopping lists directly from Mela to Pon. And it is not possible to import the corresponding Reminders list into Pon. So I put together a little shortcut that somehow does the job.
- ❤️ I was playing around with my omg/now page.
- 💻 I bought Photos Workbench. I think I will mainly use it to compare and select pictures. I really miss a corresponding function in the Photos app. I have looked a lot for alternatives and had even subscribed to Lightroom in the meantime. But that's a complete overkill and I don't want to have any more software from that company. That's why I'm happy that an app has now been released that will hopefully take care of that.
- 🕹️ Played Pick Pack Pup (2022) and the first ten levels of Gravity Express. The former is fine but I did not fell in love so far. The latter ist very similar to Rocket Bytes but Gravity Express has checkpoints, tasks, fuel, etc. I seems not that hardcore as the other.
- 🗼Stumbled across Lantern.
- Bought Homecoming for Mastodon. I think this can easily be done via Shortcuts too but anyways ...
- 📺 No TV, now movies this week 😢
- 🧊Gave the IceCubeApp beta another try. Unlike many others, I'm not warming up to the app. It has too many little bugs that make it hard for me to use it regularly. But of course, the whole App Store approval saga was funny - or rather the opposite.
- 🎙️MacWhisper: It's absolutely impressive what's now possible.
- 💬 Too much Mastodon but I really like it there. And Gruber even replied to me. He disagreed and I didn't want to argue, but whatever! 😎