What caught my attention in week seventeen, 2023
In continuation to week sixteen, here are a few things that caught my attention in week seventeen, 2023:
- 😄 This week my mood was a little better during the week and in the end there was the nice prospect of three days off.
- 🚴♂️ I used the time to convert my gravel bike from 27.5" wheels with 650B x 48 Juniper Ridge TC to 700C wheels with tubeless SCHWALBE G-ONE R 45-622 and thoroughly cleaned the drive and everything else. I'm glad I'm finally rid of this "winter tires" and again sleeker (and quieter) on the road.
- 😢 Somehow I think it's a pity that so many people are leaving Mastodon for Bluesky. I'm still trying to resist my curiosity. I don't really want to be part of a social network run by a billionaire anymore.
- 🪑 I had problems with my LG monitor at work for a very long time, it constantly failed for a few seconds. I tried everything and eventually got another monitor. Maybe I should have changed my chair instead?
- 🖥️ Federico Viticci returned to macOS and John Voorhees recommended some great apps. I already had forgotten, that I own an old Lingon license, "a powerful app to run things automatically on your Mac that is also easy to use" and long ago looked into Paletro, a "command palette in any application". I might reevaluate them both.
- 💻 Mission Control Plus looks interesting too, especially because it is available via Setapp.
- 💻 Sindre Sorhus did it again. This time he released Command X to "Cut and paste files in Finder". I did not even know that you can use Option+Command+V to move files after you have copied them 🤦♂️
- 💻 I don't use Anti Virus software on my Mac but Mergen, an "an open-source, native macOS application for auditing and checking the security of your MacOS" might be worth checking out.
- 💻 Looking forward to Default Folder X 6.0. Here is a tour of what's new.
- ☄️ In an alternative universe, I might have studied software engineering and witnessed the release of the Advanced Amiga Architecture. Oh, how I loved my Amiga computers.
- 🐘 Sophia Teutschler is back and working on a Mastodon reader. Do you remember all her great apps? So far, however, there is not really anything to see.
- ♟️ I've heard, Chess is back, too. And so is Deep Green.
- 📝 There is yet another PKM software in development, Tangent Notes: "A clean and powerful notes app for Mac, Windows, and Linux". But I will stick to Obsidian and Logseq.
- 🎮 There was another Catalog drop for playdate. I bought Bub-O Collect and like it so far. In preparation for ART&.. More I bought Art7 on itch.io.
- 🎥 Watched Superbad with my wife and our kids
- 🎙️ Listened to Accidental Tech Podcast: 531: Rock It in the Right Direction AppStories: Return to macOS, Hello Playdate Podcast: Episode 30 - Grand Tour Legends with Gabe Swarr, The Talk Show: 372: ‘$8 Billion in Late Fees’, With Rene Ritchie, The Talk Show: 373: ‘This Guy Reads a Lot Better’, With Quinn Nelson and finally became a One Prime Plus member 😄